A Welder or Fabricator is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting the metal into the appropriate shape, and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
- Day shift only
- Flexible work schedule
- Highly motivated
- On assigned job orders, clarify the process with the supervisor, clarify procedures, ensure materials are available and understand specifications and deadlines.
- Reviews drawings and equipment set up before project initiation.
- Pulls material from inventory as required per order and scans it to ensure inventory levels are properly maintained.
- Utilizes hand tools, overhead cranes, and dollies safely and cautiously.
- Mounts the procured components of the drive assembly and other equipment features in accordance with the design specifications.
- Works collaboratively with the project manager, designer, and Quality Control Manager to ensure the equipment is manufactured correctly and according to the signed approval drawing.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following safety requirements and policies.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Performs other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- MIG carbon & stainless steel experience Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 75 pounds
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, and good time management skills
- Ability to work full time, 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize a variety of shop tools & machinery
Scott Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer.