The maintenance manager is responsible for all maintenance duties. Delegating maintenance tasks on all machines, hand tools, cranes, and jigs, as well as facility-wide maintenance and upkeep. Ensuring all facilities are up to code and safety standards.
- Responsible for training and supervising others in the maintenance department between both manufacturing locations (New Prague and Arlington)
- Strong knowledge of facilities, machinery, and electrical equipment with troubleshooting skills to identify the source of the issue and decide the best corrective action
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work within the maintenance department
- Responsible for managing the maintenance budget by tracking expenses and working with upper management to set and stay within the budget
- Ensuring both manufacturing locations are up to all current code and safety standards and regulations
- Responsible for contacting outside contractors, suppliers, or vendors for specialty services (i.e., electricians, plumbers, equipment service technicians) and negotiating contracts
- Ability to do non-repetitious daily tasks while also keeping up with standard assignments (ex., fire extinguisher checks, eye wash station checks)
- Willing to get a DOT health card. (CDL not required)
- Plan and manage preventable maintenance on machines, company vehicles, and hand tools (Greasing, oiling, checking for broken parts, etc.) along with repairs, and installation activities
- Ability to fix or replace electrical components as needed. Have previous electrical experience or willingness to get electrical training
- Keep records and status of inventory for the maintenance department
- Organization and upkeep of equipment, hand tools, and miscellaneous items
- Dependable and able to have flexible work hours
- Basic janitorial responsibilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short & simple correspondence, and memos.
- Competent and engaging in conversing on the phone.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret various instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to understand mechanical drawings
- An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Other duties of the job include climbing ladders, flexibility/ability to work in areas that are difficult to access, doing repetitious movements, and working 30 feet up in the air.
- Welding, fabricating, and machining manufacturer
- The noise level is moderate to high – Ear plugs are required in designated areas
- Steel-toed shoes are required
- Safety Glasses are required
- Prior experience in welding, fabricating, and machining manufacturing environment
High School Diploma/GED
- Technical College or College Certificate or 2+ years of mechanical workplace experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test & physical
Responsibility for other Employees
Currently, two and can increase to four over time
Scott Equipment Company is an equal-opportunity employer.