Designer/Drafter - AutoCad
Successful individuals in this role, develop engineering drawings for sales, customer approval, outside vendor, and internal shop fabrication on assigned projects. Ensures that accurate drawings are completed according to the customer’s specifications and timelines.
- Prepares preliminary sales drawings by receiving quotations and submitting drawings with quotations to customers to assist in closing the sale.
- Consults with the Project Manager and salesperson to verify specifications for the order.
- Creates preliminary CAD drawings based on quoted design and specifications, verifying price quotations against drawings.
- Requests drawings and models from vendors for specific components/devices included in the order/bill of material.
- Research and develop new products and creatively think of new equipment designs that can be made to existing products as directed to expand and improve the product line.
- Conducts weekly audit of orders in the process by meeting with fabricators to discuss design success or challenges.
- Enter all information into PDM per Scott Equipment guidelines.
- Conducts final inspections on finished products before shipment to ensure that quality and customer specifications are met.
- Documents and records all information about the design and design changes in the project folder.
- Performs other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
Education/Experience: One year certificate from a college or technical school; with one year of experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Dynamics)
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to draft routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May work near moving mechanical parts
- May work in high, precarious places
- Potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Potential exposure to a noisy environment
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.