Business Development Manager
Successful individuals in this role are self-motivating, creative, excellent communicators who are competitive, coachable, have strong time management skills, and have a desire to help others. If you can show a reliable background, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to learn, this could be the place for you.
- Qualify leads, follow-up inbound inquiries, and conduct outbound calls in a sales capacity, providing informed and accurate product, service, solution, and supply information to facilitate sales activity.
- Query callers to gather information by inquiring about a potential product, service, solution, and supply needs
- Conduct on-site sales calls and establish a relationship with customers
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements and close sales
- Ability to manage/qualify leads and close business through direct contact or over the phone. Assemble proposals and reports for clients.
- Professional presence, positive energy, communicates well verbally/written, intuitive with questions/response
- Coordinates testing trials with customers and Testing Department
- Support other Sales and Marketing initiatives to increase revenue opportunities.
- Travel 10-15%
- Proven experience as a Sales Representative or other sales/customer service role
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Strong written and verbal skills Ability to learn about products, services, solutions, and supplies and describe/explain them to customers
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g., Microsoft (MS) Outlook, Word, and Excel) and telephone systems
- Demonstrated research skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Four years experience in sales, with experience in industrial manufacturing, preferred or equivalent
Scott Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer.